It is Christmas in Cutral-Có. While the unemployees are fighting violently with the municipal authorities to collect part of their subsidy, a priest from a religious sect insists that the origin of all the bad things that the town is living come from their sins. This opposition of glances go through the documentary.
Violeta has 7 kids, she received a subsidy and work shoveling debris until she was fired because she asked for better work conditions. Her husband, Roberto, collects a subsidy and in the only support of the family. Their kids play in the dusty streets as they live the road cuts and the riots with the police enforcement. Their oldest daughter, Vanesa, is 13 years old. In her school notebook she has been gluing the newspaper clipping that informed about the 1996 "Pueblada" (popular uprising).
Patricia is 18 years old, she has no work. She bears the crisis selling home made "alfajores" on the streets of the town. She has been a stoker with her mother, Verena, with the rest of the town they confronted the police enforcement with rocks. She knows that the "Puebladas" and the road cuts were the only way they had to force the government to give an answer.
Carlos has a rock group called Cicatriz, they have been stokers and their present has no perspective. Today, they gather just to play guitar. Their art is the rhythm of a syncopated electric guitar music.
Christmas Eve. Violeta knows there is no future for her town, yet she waits for a government respond and resists with her kids, her shelter.
Premios y festivales:
- 1º Premio al tratamiento temático. III Festival de Cine y Video Documental, Avellaneda 2001.
- Nominada como mejor Videofilm 2001. Premio Cóndor de Plata, Asociación de Cronistas Cinematográficos de la Argentina.
- Selección 1º Festival Internacional de Cine para la Infancia y la Juventud, Mar del Plata 2001.
- Selección III Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente de Buenos Aires, 2001.
- Selección XIX Festival Cinematográfico Internacional del Uruguay, Montevideo 2001.
- Selección 15º Rencontres Cinemas de Amerique Latina Toulouse, Francia 2003 como parte de la retrospectiva del grupo de boedo films.
- Selección 26º Festival International Cinéma du Réel, Francia 2004, como parte del programa L´Argentine dans tous ses états.
- Selección V Festival Internacional de Cine y Video de Derechos Humanos DerHumALC, Buenos Aires, 2003.
- Selección 18º Festival International de Films de Fribourg para la sección Argentine au Coeur, Suiza, 2004.