The social transformation was the success of the cinema that was made in that moment, your success wasn’t that your movie collected money and won awards in Cannes.... those things didn't care, and if you cared about it you were a wretch and a man sold to the imperialistic gold.
The importance of your cinema was the social effect that means social transformation (...)
I recover Jorge's image that, it’s compound of what I am saying, I realized of two fundamental things, the goodness that is a sentimental ethics condition, and the transgression that is an intellectual condition, revolutionary. But not only in the political way, in the way of life, in the behavior way, in the own behavior way and mainly in the way of the relationship with the others and of the transgressor relationship with the values of an inherited, and inherited traditional culture.
I believe that these are two characteristics that make to Jorge, in my point of view, I am not trying to generalize anything, neither I am erecting a statue, I’m simply remembering a friend, I’m remembering a brother. And this things make of Jorge, I repeat for me, a carnal brother, made with meat of dreams, made with meat of dreams...
Fernando Birri, Santa Fé, 6/2000
Premios y festivales:
- 1º Premio Mejor Mediometraje Documental XIX Festival Cinematográfico Internacional del Uruguay, Montevideo 2001.
- Selección III Festival de Cine y Video Documental, Avellaneda 2001.
- Selección 1º Festival Internacional de Cine para la Infancia y la Juventud, Mar del Plata 2001.
- Selección III Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente de Buenos Aires, 2001.
- Selección Competitiva Video Documental, Festival de Cine Documental de Santa Fé, Argentina, 2001.
- Selección Competitiva Video Documental, XXIII Festival Internacional del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano, La Habana, Cuba, 2001.
- Selección Competitiva, Prêmio GNT de renovação da linguagem, VIDEOSUL, de Cinesul 2002 Festival Latinoamericano de Cine y Video, São Paulo y Río de Janeiro.
- Selección 15º Rencontres Cinemas de Amerique Latina Toulouse, Francia 2003 como parte de la retrospectiva del grupo de boedo films